Shalini Pandey, who catapulted to stardom after featuring as Preethi in Arjun Reddy, is celebrating her birthday today i.e. September 23. For the unversed, the actress appears in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi language films. Her film debut was 2017’s Telugu romance film Arjun Reddy. She will soon enter Bollywood with two Yash Raj Films productions. One is the social comedy Jayeshbhai Jordaar and another one is a biographical drama called Maharaja.
Pandey received rave reviews for her role in Bamfaad which was released on an OTT platform. She was paired opposite Aditya Rawal, son of Paresh Rawal. The actress is known for natural emotions, cute looks and amazing acting chops. On the occasion of her birthday, we have curated some of her lesser-known facts. Read on to know more.
1. Shalini was born on 23rd September 1993, in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India.
2. She has a sister named Pooja Pandey.
3. She even did TV shows. Yes, you read it right! She was a part of the Hindi TV show – Mann Mein Vishwaas Hai and also featured in Crime Patrol.
4. After witnessing her performance in a theatre play, Sandeep Reddy Vanga decided to rope in Shalini for Arjun Reddy.
5. While her first film Arjun Reddy got delayed and took nearly five months to go on floors, her father became restless and started pressuring her to take up an IT job instead of movies. Shalini feels that Arjun Reddy was ‘luck destined’ and she is still the same small-town girl from India’s heartland Madhya Pradesh.
6. In her big Bollywood film, Shalini Pandey is playing a Gujarati girl named Kinjal Ajmera. After her screen tests and audition, Aditya Chopra was pleased with her acting and decided to launch her in the Hindi circuit.
7. In the year 2019, she made her Tamil debut with 100% Kadhal and also did a role in the classic award-winning film Mahanati. In 2021, she started filming for Junaid Khan’s Maharaja.
8. The actress has a tattoo on her ankle.
Also Read: Shalini Pandey: I’m hoping to get a lot of love from audiences for my work in ‘Jayeshbhai Jordaar’